Revealing The Most Useful Tool To Organize Your Home Life

Please note: This is the first lesson of the Routines That Reward training series.
To join the training, click here.

Productivity. Oh, if there were just a switch that we could turn on to automatically make ourselves more focused and productive. I would buy that – especially for those days where I just want to sleep in and let Judah take care of himself. Haha. But seriously, having a daily schedule or plan is imperative if you desire to see yourself grow in any area of your life. And friend, I am dedicated to helping you develop one. Let’s dig in!

THE IMPORTANCE OF A DAILY SCHEDULE

Kicking Chaotic Living To The Curb

As I write this, I’m thinking of the people who call into Dave Ramsey’s radio show about their money problems. His response to one caller was, “You’re broke and out of control.” I laughed so hard listening to his response to this caller, because his response was so direct, yet true.

This caller was frustrated by his current financial circumstances and when asked about his budget or plan, guess what – he had none. He was going week-to-week spending money and not telling his money where to go. Instead, he was just taking on expenses as they were thrown at him.

Have you been in this place before in your life or home? Maybe you’re waking up every morning with no plan about what’s going to happen that day. Sure, you may have a general idea of what’s going to happen, but you’re not moving forward in any of your goals or desires. Instead, you’re jumping from task to task and yet getting nothing done.

Maybe you’re a mom with toddlers who have no schedule. You’re chasing your kids around the home all day and your children are roaming around freely throughout the house because there are no planned activities for them. And then you get upset at them for not respecting boundaries that you never set. 🤦‍♀️

The purpose of having a daily schedule is so that you can live a focused life, move forward in your goals and kick chaotic living to the curb. By having a daily schedule for both you and your family not only are you able to remain in control of what takes place throughout your day, but you’re also cultivating an atmosphere of peace in your life. So the very first step to creating a daily schedule is to identify your goals.

QUESTION 01

What Are Your Goals?

There are so many areas we can target when discussing goals, but for this training I want to focus specifically on setting goals in your home. As woman of God, we are commissioned to be keepers of our homes (Titus 2:5). Being a keeper of your home means that you are making sure the needs of your home (if single) and the needs of your family (if married) are met.

I want you to be honest with yourself. Can you truly say that the needs of your home are a priority to you? Can you truly say that you’re honoring God in the way that you’re using your time? If not, it’s okay. None of us are perfect and we’re all on a journey. The most important thing is that you’re willing to take hold of the grace God has given you and commit to being and doing better every day.

In the daily schedule planner (which is free, ehm), I list out 7 core categories that I feel are the most important elements of a home. Those areas are:

  • Personal Growth
  • Marriage Growth
  • Baby Growth
  • Money Management
  • House Cleaning
  • Home Organization
  • Meal Preparation

I also left a few extra sections if you would like to write out some personal goals. In order to identify your goals I want you to set time aside and dream about what you want those areas of your life to look like. You must be able to clearly articulate your goals in order to know where you’re going.

Free daily schedule planner to get you and your home in order. Download now!
FEATURED DOWNLOAD

Daily Schedule Planner

Statistics show that people who write down their goals have over a 80% chance of achieving them. Don’t be apart of the 20%. Change your life starting today.

QUESTION 02

Why Do You Want Those Goals?

As you begin to write down your goals, I want you to really focus on the why behind your what. Your why is what’s going to keep you when you’re feeling lazy and you don’t want to clean your home and when you want to binge on Wendy’s 4 for $4. I thought I’d share a scripture that has given me strength in my moments of weakness:

“Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:2

I love how Jesus endured when He was pressing toward His end goal. He endured because He had a joy set before Him. He had a vision of what it would look like once he completed His task.

In the same likeness, I would encourage you to get a vision of your why. What would it look like if you were growing spiritually on a daily basis? What would it look like if you had your children on a consistent schedule? What would it look like if you weren’t living paycheck to paycheck? Let that vision be the fuel that keeps you going.

YOUR ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
TIME TO IMPLEMENT: 45 MINUTES

Have A Dream Session and Write Out Your Goals

Your assignment for this week is to have a dream session and write out your goals. A dream session is simply you sitting down and brainstorming each of the categories listed above. There are no limits when you’re dreaming. Even if it seems wild and crazy, go for it! Write down what you want those areas of your life to look like and then break them down into mini-goals. More of what that looks like in the actual planner. You can download it here.

If you need accountability, ask a friend to join you in this training or simply share your goals with them. If you’re married, share your goals with your spouse and together you guys can come up with a vision for your home and family.

IN THE NEXT LESSON

Organizing Your Day

In the next lesson, I’ll be going through exactly how to set up your daily schedule. This is where we begin to implement your goals into bite-size pieces. This is probably one of my favorite parts because I know how effective having a daily schedule is. I seriously can’t wait to show you how to do it!

Oh, and if you’re a Mom – you know I have you covered. I’ll also have a daily planner for your baby that’ll be coming in Lesson 3. Sign up for the training if you haven’t already so you can know when it’s available!

SAVE FOR LATER
In order to maintain order in your life and family, you must have a daily schedule. Before you create a schedule, you can't overlook this first step.

P.s. Don’t leave this article without downloading your daily schedule planner!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top